[Asterisk-Users] Zaptel in New Zealand: Caller id vs loadzone

Cameron Beattie ext_news at appsfarm.com
Sun Mar 6 22:00:01 MST 2005

I am trying to understand the relationship between loadzone and callerid.

I am located in New Zealand and have noticed the following behaviour:
Case A
zaptel.conf
loadzone = nz
defaultzone = nz

The Zap extension rings with NZ-style ringing but caller id doesn't work (message: Didn't finish Caller-ID spill). This is the case whether the call is external from Zap FXO or internal from SIP.

Case B
zaptel.conf
loadzone = us
defaultzone = us

The Zap extension rings with US-style ringing and caller id is displayed correctly.

When I look in zonedata.c I can't see a reference to caller id. So why is caller id working when loadzone = us? How can I get the best of both worlds?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cameron