[Asterisk-Users] Cisco 7960

Peter Illmayer pete at jbo.com.au
Sun Mar 6 16:30:18 MST 2005

> Date: Sun, 06 Mar 2005 20:03:52 +0100
> From: Thomas Trepper <thomas.trepper at microbyte.at>
> Subject: [Asterisk-Users] Cisco 7960
> To: asterisk-users at lists.digium.com
>
> Hi all,
>
> i am new to this list and i dot not know, if anybody had already the
> same problem. I have two cisco 7960 which i want to upgrade to sip.
> Has somebody already taken the upgrade-process for special hints and
> suggestions? I have already visited the cisco-page and i have read
> the proposal for the migration. Is there a special order of firmware-
> upgrades?
>
> Thanks a lot
>
> Thomas

Thomas

The asterisk-wiki is the best place to start.  It will tell you that it is a 3
stage process if your currently on call-manager.

You will need to load the version 3, then 5 and then 7 SIP firmware.  I tried
to load the version 7 straight away and of course it wouldnt work.

Please read the wiki and all will be revealed.  Dont expect very much from the
cisco website at all !

Regards..pete