[Asterisk-Users] SJphone on PDA registering with Asterisk???

Ed Greenberg edg at greenberg.org
Sun Mar 6 07:58:32 MST 2005

Debugging lack of registration:

Watch the console (set verbose 255) and see if there are registration
attempts.

If you see failures, the name and secret are probably wrong.

If you don't see attempts, either the phone isn't trying, or there is a
connectivity problem from the phone to the Asterisk box.

If you see successes, but the phone doesn't react, there is a connectivity
problem back to the phone (Maybe relating to NAT)

You can also do 'database show' to see who is registered with you -- or who
Asterisk thinks is registered with you.

Good luck,
</edg>

Watch the console to see if there are registration failures. If there are
failures, invesetigate why.

If no failures are seen, the phone is not trying... or can't connect.

--On Sunday, March 06, 2005 10:12 PM +0800 Ronald Wiplinger