[Asterisk-Users] chan_h323 & codecs

Nir Simionovich nirs at dimitel.com
Sat Mar 5 16:51:37 MST 2005

Hi Chetan,

  Per my understanding to the chan_h323 operation, if no codecs are loaded,
Asterisk will perform a pass-through function, which means that signaling is
passed via Asterisk, but RTP passes between the endpoints.

  This is NOT proxy function, as with proxy function means that RTP passes
via the Asterisk box, which means you require the codecs modules loaded.

  Now, I hope that JerJer will correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that
if you load a particular codec module, that codec will be proxied while if a
codec module is not loaded, that module will be pass-through only.

Regards,
  Nir S