[Asterisk-Users] Sayson 480i Fails to Re-register?

George Pajari George.Pajari at netVOICE.ca
Sat Mar 5 16:34:51 MST 2005

We have a customer with a handful of Sayson/Aastra 480i phones behind a
Juniper Networks Netscreen firewall registering with our hosted PBX service.

The Netscreen monitors the REGISTER messages and only keeps the reverse
mapping open for the duration of the registration period. It appears
that every so often the Sayson does not send out another REGISTER
message after the registration has expired resulting in the reverse
mapping being closed and the phone made unreachable.

Has anyone else experienced this. We are setting up ethereal to monitor
things to collect more information but are hoping others might be able
to shed some light on this.

g.