[Asterisk-Users] X100P Clone, Which one?

Paul digium-list at 9ux.com
Sat Mar 5 11:36:19 MST 2005

Andrew Kohlsmith wrote:

>On March 5, 2005 08:14 am, Androtech wrote:
>

>>I bought one "Trust 56k V92 PCI Internal Modem MD-1100" which has the 1057
>>Motorola Chip, and I installed it on my linux box.
>>

>>When I try to load the module wcfxo, I cannot load it (zaptel is already
>>loaded):
>>

>Not to rub salt in the wound, but do you honestly expect the people on a
>Digium-run mailing list to rush out and help you after you consciously went
>and bought a clone card?  You specifically denied Digium any income on the
>purchase of this hardware, and now you're asking them for help!  You've got a
>lot of nerve.
>
>Caveat Emptor.  As far as I'm concerned, you're on your own.  If you're not
>experienced enough to figure this out on your own, you should have purchased
>the Dev Kit Lite, which comes with support from Digium for specifically these
>types of problems.  Maybe someone else on this list is more forgiving than I
>am but I really hope not.

Funny thing is that it was the digium website that first led me to the
asterisk website and then on this page:

http://www.asterisk.org/index.php?menu=hardware

I found the link to the X100P clone card. Some searching led me to a
vendor where I got 6 of these with shipping fro about $56 total.

I got them for experimentation. I am actually hoping that Digium will
develop a standalone FXO-IAX2 adaptor someday. I like external
standalone stuff because I don't like shutting down servers and removing
the covers too much.

Anyway, I don't feel guilty at all. I will buy any G.729 licenses I need
from them. If they don't ever do a standalone fxo device, I will
probably create one using a mini-ITX mainboard and their 4-port card.