[Asterisk-Users] Is anyone using asterisk in a small call center

BJ Weschke bweschke at gmail.com
Sat Mar 5 07:54:03 MST 2005

 Asterisk has the ability to do agent queueing and some general ACD
functionality. The functionality doesn't come close to the
functionality/flexibility of Avaya's Expert Agent functionality, but *
won't cost you several hundred thousand dollars for deployment either.

 As far as reporting, there are also tools to have the agent activity
to go to a SQL DB of your choosing, but reporting writing (ala Avaya
CMS,etc) isn't there. If you're comfortable doing the SQL thing, or
having someone on your staff do that to obtain the data you're looking
for, again, you'll likely end up at least another $100,000 ahead.

 Bottom line - You may be able to get * to do what you're looking to
do if you're willing to contribute alot of back-end techie/dev work to
get to a "finished product". The upside is, of course, a significant
cost savings both on the opex and capex side if you choose * over the
out of the box PBX from a brand name PBX vendor.

 You may also want to take a look at www.fonality.com. I don't really
know anything about this company and the quality of their product as I
personally don't own or have any experience, but they seem to have
done alot of work adding bells and whistles around a core asterisk
install and ACD functionality was "on the roadmap" the last time I was
to their website about a month ago.