[Asterisk-Users] FW: Getting PHP Config to work?

C. Tomlinson asterisk_list at burntwires.com
Sat Mar 5 04:47:28 MST 2005

Hi Again,

I used my phpconfig setup for a week, and found it a great timesaver for me
:-)

However I have just gone and broken it, and can't seem to 'fix' it.

I was running a xorcom rapid installation, but converted to a semi-standard
debian by changing the apt sources; so I could install a couple of extra
things.
I did apt-setup and choose British FTP sites
I did apt-get dist-upgrade which installed a lot of stuff....
However this changed my box rather more than I was expecting.... for example
it installed caudium as a web server, when I already have apache.

I removed that via

apt-get --purge remove caudium

And after a couple of tweaks, I now have apache running again fine (as far
as I can tell), and all my other web things work fine.

However now I cannot even browse a .conf file via phpconfig. When clicking
on the file I get the following error:

Warning: fopen(/etc/asterisk/iax.conf): failed to open stream: Permission
denied in /var/www/phpconfig/cls_phpconfig.php on line 127

I have gone over the wiki page, done chmod again etc, but nothing makes a
difference.

Does anybody have any ideas?

Thanks