[Asterisk-Users] Difference between Snom 190 & Elmeg 290?

Remco Barende asterisk at barendse.to
Fri Mar 4 23:58:49 MST 2005

Hi list!

While looking for the Snom 190 I found another phone, the Elmeg IP 290
(www.elmeg.de).

Looking at the pictures & the specs they seem to be very similar beasts
but the firmware is supposedly not interchangeable.

Does anyone know the difference between the 2, do they work with Asterisk?

The weird thing is that Elmeg has similar phones with the Snom look but
they are ISDN only (no voip) while Snom has several other models that are
IP. Who's cloning who? I don't want to end up with phones for which
firmware support or update will disappear soon while the 'orginal' will
continue to be supported?

Thx!
Remco