[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk behind NAT -- SIP config file

Rudolf Ladyzhenskii rudolfl at optusnet.com.au
Fri Mar 4 21:20:18 MST 2005

>>Yes, only port 5060. If you do not forward 5060, you can not call this
> phone
>>from outside. Seem to work OK without other ports being forwarded.
>
> You mean on the remote sip phone firewall? What if there arem ore than 1
> sip
> phone on that network behidn that firewall?

Then you are in trouble. Asterisk only sees single public IP address. As far
as it concerns there is only single phone out there.
If you get multiple phones working, let me know.

Another option, I think, may be using VPN, but I have not tried that. Then
you can potentially have remote SIP phones to be on the "virtual" network.

> Don't you need to forward ports 10000-20000 for voice? Or does the sip
> phones just open up the ports from inside (by doing the in to out calls
> and
> keep alives)?

I have mot tried to sniff on the traffic in details. I think, other ports
are opened in responce to connection on port 5060. The only port listens at
is port 5060.

Rudolf