[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk behind NAT -- SIP config file

Rudolf Ladyzhenskii rudolfl at optusnet.com.au
Fri Mar 4 20:03:45 MST 2005

> Why are the sip.conf extensions mentioned twice each?

I am using Polycom SP300 phones. You have to separate 'user' and 'peer' part
of it to get it working. Search the wiki for description of the problem.

> Also, if you * box is behind another firewall, by forward ports 5060 and
> 10000-20000 and maybe 5004 from the firewall to the * box will that help
> on
> the NAT issue?

You have to forward port 5060 so that phone from outside can register and
call. And ports 10000-20000 do that voice can go through. Actual port ranfge
is isn filr rtp.conf. 10000-20000 is  the default range

> If phone 2 is behind another firewall, do you need to forward port 5060
> only
> to that phone? Or some other ports...?

Yes, only port 5060. If you do not forward 5060, you can not call this phone
from outside. Seem to work OK without other ports being forwarded.

Rudolf