[Asterisk-Users] Agents and Queues

Ed Greenberg ed at edgreenberg.com
Fri Mar 4 19:46:41 MST 2005

I have a queue and some agents. The agents are not logged in but are
members of the queue.

Now, joinempty=no I would assume that you cannot join this queue but will
fall into the goto(queuefail|1|1). This is not so. I join the queue just
fine.

If I remove the three members from the queue (comment them out in
queues.conf), I cannot join the queue.

Am I missing something? How do I keep people from joining the queue when
the agents are not logged in?

</edg>

---queues.conf---
[main]
music = default
announce = beep
strategy = rrmemory
context = qoutcon
timeout = 15
retry = 5
wrapuptime=15
maxlen = 0
announce-frequency = 90
announce-holdtime = yes
; announce-round-seconds = 10
queue-youarenext = queue-youarenext
queue-thereare  = queue-thereare
queue-callswaiting = queue-callswaiting
queue-holdtime = queue-holdtime
queue-minutes = queue-minutes
queue-seconds = queue-seconds
queue-thankyou = thankyou
queue-lessthan = queue-less-than

joinempty = no
leavewhenempty = yes

member => Agent/101
member => Agent/102
member => Agent/103

----agents.conf----
group = 1
agent => 101,xxx,Max
agent => 102,xxx,Norm
agent => 103,xxx,Hi

----extensions.conf -----
[mainqueue]
exten => s,1,Queue(main)
exten => s,2,goto(queuefail,1,1)

[queuefail]
exten => 1,1,VoiceMail(200)
exten => 1,2,Playback(Goodbye)
exten => 1,3,Hangup

---- cli output ----

xxx*CLI> show queue main
main         has 0 calls (max unlimited) in 'rrmemory' strategy (0s
holdtime), C:0, A:0, SL:0.0% within 0s
   Members:
      Agent/101 has taken no calls yet
      Agent/102 has taken no calls yet
      Agent/103 has taken no calls yet
   No Callers

xxx*CLI> show agents
101          (Agent 101) not logged in (musiconhold is 'default')
102          (Agent 102) not logged in (musiconhold is 'default')
103          (Agent 103) not logged in (musiconhold is 'default')