[Asterisk-Users] Just BUSYDETECT, any problems?

Soner Tari list at kulustur.org
Fri Mar 4 16:06:36 MST 2005

Hi all,

I am having problems with hangup detection on fxo line.

In Turkey, we don't have polarity reversal, so hanguponpolarityswitch option
in zapata.conf does not help.

The callprogress in dsp.c is just for the US, and the way it does call
progress is quite unsuitable for the tones in Turkey, because we don't have
dual frequencies for each tone, one could not differentiate tones based on
what frequencies are inside. Most important Turkish tones are like this:

dial = 450
busy = 450/500,0/500
ring = 450/2000,0/4000
congestion = 450/200,0/200,450/200,0/200,450/200,0/200,450/600,0/200

Note that there is only 450Hz, only the cadence changes.

Therefore, I am left with only the busydetect option in zapata.conf and
related compile options to dsp.c (or I should write my own callprogress for
Turkey, which I would like it to be the last option). I tried
BUSYDETECT_MARTIN with BUSYDETECT_TONEONLY or
BUSYDETECT_COMPARE_TONE_AND_SILENCE (not at the same time of course),
without success.

So I tried just BUSYDETECT (no _MARTIN), and for now it seems like working
for me, at least for now.

Does anybody have any experiences with just BUSYDETECT? What problems can I
face with this? Any false hangups?

Any ideas please?
Soner