[Asterisk-Users] Problems dialing out - possible settings changes

Robert Webb asterisk at ropeguru.com
Fri Mar 4 14:49:28 MST 2005

On Fri, 4 Mar 2005 13:40:25 -0800
  "Jeff Busch" <Jeff.Busch at lewisbuilds.com> wrote:

> Thought I had this fixed, but it turns out it is not.
> I've been
> wracking my brain.  Here is what I have done:
> - Tried 3 different Qwest PSTN lines (just in case it
>was a line issue)
> - Tried calling same number from an analog phone plugged
>directly into
> the Qwest line - NO PROBLEMS.
> - Because of this, I think it is an issue with my *
>implementation.
> - I have looked at the Dial plan and have made some
>modifications,
> cleaning up some extra stuff that was not needed.
>
> What is still happening:
> - I am calling a single number for testing purposes.
> The same number
> each time (yes, I have tried other numbers with the
>exact same results
> so I decided to stick with one number)
>
> - About 1 out of every 3 or 4 times my call is actually
>successful.  The
> rest of the time I receive the phone company's "the
>number you called is
> not in service, please check the number and call again"
>
> - I look at the CLI readout that appears using asterisk
>-vvvvvvvvvvvvcg
> to start and it shows ZAP/g1/<the correct number>
>
> Evidently something is happening in translating the dtmf
>codes, but I am
> at a loss.  More explanation is in my original post
>below.
>
> Any help would be appreciated as we are going to use
>this as a
> production box on a small construction job site.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Jeff Busch
> Jeff.busch at lewisbuilds.com

Jeff,

   Just a thought, have you tried adding a "w" or maybe
two to your dial command to make sure that there is a
pause between the time the line is picked up and the time
the * box starts dialing??

Something like:

exten => s,1,Dial(ZAP/g1/ww206391xxxx)

I have seen a couple of people that have had the same
issue as you and this fixed it for them.

Robert Webb