[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk box and verizon calling it

Greg Hill gregh-asterisk at hillnet.us
Fri Mar 4 14:18:40 MST 2005

On Fri, 4 Mar 2005, Randy Johnson wrote:

> I set up an asterisk box with a broadvoice sip connection for incoming
> connections
>
> it works great when I use a cell phone, vonage line, calling card to
> call the asterisk box, but when I try to call it from our verizon land
> line it is busy and asterisk logs do not show incoming call.
>
> Any ideas on what the issue is?

I'm putting my bet on a misconfigured switch. I had a similar problem when
I tried to use VoiceGlo over a year ago: They assigned me a number, and I
could reach that number via 3 of the local cell carriers, through a
calling card, and from several COs in the area. But calls from at least
one Qwest CO couldn't complete and only gave a busy tone. I talked to some
Qwest techs who determined that it must be a problem in the configuration
from when that number was ported to VoiceGlo's provider. Unfortunately, I
never could get them to fix it (or even recognize that a problem existed)
and had to drop their service.

Your issue sounds similar to the one I had. Try originating calls from a
few other "places" like other cell carriers in your area and from
landlines which are serviced by different COs than the one you've already
tested. Then call BV's support and see what they think of the results of
your research.

Greg