[Asterisk-Users] Hardphone deployment recommendation

Dana Olson rickaster at gmail.com
Fri Mar 4 13:26:20 MST 2005

I'm looking to purchase and deploy a bunch of hardphones for agent
use. The phones will have to register with Asterisk and/or SER,
depending on where the phones go. They need only one line, G729 codec,
and no super fancy features. Preferrably something that is easy to
provision.

I would think the BudgeTone would be good, but then I've read so many
people complaining about them, and some people seem to recommend the
Sipura adapters.

I'm looking to keep my cost down, and the BudgeTone is around $100
CDN, give or take.

Let me know what you would purchase for about 100 users, 1 line each,
G729, and why.

We've had decent results with the BudgeTone phones I have already, but
I only have about 4 of them, and I have about 5 Aastra/Sayson 480i
phones which are a bit pricey for this application, and very
featureful. The Sipura box I have is alright, and the IAXys work, but
aren't an option for this application. I'm looking for SIP, not IAX.
The main reason I ask to the mailing list instead of basing a large
purchase decision on the phones I have here is that while these
devices haven't failed on me yet (with the exception of one flaky
480i), I know that there are some of you who have experience with
large deployments.

Also, if you recommend an analog adapter, is there any recommendation
for analog phone to go with it? I'm not sure if the users will want
headsets or handsets, so either one is fine.

Thanks for any advice and experiences.

PS: If you're thinking you'll get a purchase contract out of me, you
won't - the supplier decision isn't in my hands, so don't bother
spamming me with your deals.
--
Dana