[Asterisk-Users] Re: No ringback over IAX - LiveVoip

Ed Greenberg edg at greenberg.org
Fri Mar 4 11:12:05 MST 2005

--On Friday, March 04, 2005 11:58 AM -0600 James Taylor
<jltaylor at metrotel.net> wrote:

> It would be nice if they told us what the "problem" with Asterisk is...
> There's probably enought great minds on this list, that it could be
> resolved.

There is clearly an issue between LiveVoip and Asterisk. The LiveVoip
people claim that they have been ignored on the "Asterisk List" and they
indeed blame Asterisk for everything from lost dtmf to other failures.

That said, they are the only company I've found that offers inbound DIDs
with multiple simultaneous calls, suitable for a call center or calling
card application. Most others limit you to one, or a small few, inbound
paths.

They (Level 3, actually) also have the widest coverage for DIDs in the US.

At the current level of service, LiveVoip is not going to get my business.

If I can find anybody else to provide my inbound service, I'm very
interested in talking to them.

</edg>