[OT] - [Asterisk-Users] Why should I answer a Newbie question,therethick!

Paul Fielding paul at fielding.ca
Fri Mar 4 10:58:29 MST 2005

----- Original Message -----
From: "David Brodbeck" <DavidB at mail.interclean.com>

> Well, sometimes that works.  But I've been on a lot of lists where newbies
> who thought they were being ignored started flaming people for not
> responding to them, writing posts badmouthing the project, hijacking other
> threads, accusing people of being cliquish, etc.  Sometimes you just can't
> win.

Sure.  But if they flame, then they deserve to get hammered on.  In that
case, hammer away.  However, I don't think it's fair to lump all newbies
into that basket.  Let them throw the first punch, rather than assume that
all newbies who don't know better are out to wreak havoc....

How would the experts like it if everyone assumes they're a bunch of
arrogant techies who only want to talk down to those less worthy, before
they speak up and prove it to be true?  :)  Don't make the same assumptions
in the reverse for the newbies...

regards,

Paul