[OT] - [Asterisk-Users] Why should I answer a Newbie question, therethick!

Paul Fielding paul at fielding.ca
Fri Mar 4 10:55:00 MST 2005

----- Original Message -----
From: "David Brodbeck" <DavidB at mail.interclean.com>

> Sure.  So say, "I tried a Googling for X, but I didn't have any luck.
> Then
> I looked at pages X and Y in the Wiki, but couldn't find anything that
> related to my problem."  People are a lot more sympathetic if you
> demonstrate you've made some effort to find the answer on your own.

True, but sometimes a newbie doesn't know that people are looking for this,
they're new to how lists work as well.  So why not answer the question,
nicely, and then say 'BTW, some people will be more symathetic if you
research... yada yada...'  The key thing being the term 'nicely'.  Some
people don't realize just how agressive their blunt approach can come across
to a newbie...

Paul