[Asterisk-Users] Audio pausing over IAX trunk

Keith O'Brien keitheobrien at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 4 07:08:01 MST 2005

I suspect that what you are hearing is the VAD/silence suppression kicking
in and out.   Unfortunately, I have the same complaints from my users and I
have been unable to determine a way to disable silence suppression.   VAD=no
seems to have no effect in IAX.   Also running CVS head from about 2 weeks
ago.

---------------------------------------

Rod Bacon
Thu, 03 Mar 2005 17:05:20 -0800

I have looked through the archives, and can only find old references to this
problem that appear to be no longer relevant, so I thought I'd ask again.

I am having a problem with periodic breaks in audio over an IAX trunk. The
interruption only happens in one direction, and (I think) only with clients
built on the open source libiax.

Codec is irrelevant, and jitterbuffer on/off seems to make no difference
either. The pause happens every few seconds, and is regular.

If I disable trunking, audio is perfect.

I am running CVS HEAD as of 1st March.

Can anyone shed any light on this?