[Asterisk-Users] mISDN not initialising properly my Fritz cards

JunkMail junkmail at segurajuda.dyndns.org
Fri Mar 4 05:48:36 MST 2005

Hi all!

I have two Fritz!PCI cards on a Debian with Kernel 2.6.9.
I recompiled the Kernel to support mISDN and all went OK.

Usually I initialize CAPI with this :
----------------
alias /dev/capi20 avmfritz
alias char-major-68-0 avmfritz

install avmfritz /sbin/modprobe capi; \
/sbin/modprobe mISDN_core; \
/sbin/modprobe mISDN_l1; \
/sbin/modprobe mISDN_l2; \
/sbin/modprobe l3udss1; \
/sbin/modprobe mISDN_capi; \
/sbin/modprobe mISDN_x25dte; \
/sbin/modprobe --ignore-install avmfritz

remove avmfritz /sbin/modprobe -r --ignore-remove avmfritz; \
/sbin/modprobe -r mISDN_x25dte; \
/sbin/modprobe -r mISDN_capi; \
/sbin/modprobe -r l3udss1; \
/sbin/modprobe -r mISDN_l2; \
/sbin/modprobe -r mISDN_l1; \
/sbin/modprobe -r mISDN_core; \
/sbin/modprobe -r capi
----------------
...and CAPIINFO starts reporting both cards ok.

However,
asterisk with chan_capi reports both cards (capi info) but never manages to
uses them,
OR,
asterisk with chan_misdn never even gets to start saying "No Upper ID port:1
/   init_stack: No such device"

So I tried "capiinit reload" and it says :
rootKABox:~# capiinit reload
1 mISDN      detected mISDN1           -
2 mISDN      detected mISDN2           -
ERROR: missing config entry for controller 1 driver mISDN name mISDN1
ERROR: missing config entry for controller 2 driver mISDN name mISDN2

What the heck can be wrong ?!?

Thanks for helping a (not so) newbie (anymore)

M.G.