[Asterisk-Users] Beginning with Asterisk

Alistair Cunningham acunningham at integrics.com
Fri Mar 4 04:34:34 MST 2005

Luz,

Yes, this is possible with Asterisk. You probably already have a
database system with predictive numbers to call, so you'll need some
development to talk to that.

For the Asterisk servers, this depends on quite a few factors such as
what phones you're using, what database you're talking to, etc. You're
probably looking a several modern server PCs, but you do need to plan
your requirements in more detail first.

You could use digium cards, but you'd need 13 TDM04B cards, which is not
very practical. You're probably better of using E1/T1 cards in the
Asterisk servers, then a channel bank to split this out to analogue
lines. If you really want to do it right, get rid of the analogue lines
to the outside world, and use E1s or T1s.

For a project of this size, you definitely need professional help. The
amount you spend will be much less than the cost of 50 operators sitting
idle if the system breaks. My company does Asterisk consulting - drop me
an email off list if you're interested.

Alistair Cunningham,
Integrics Ltd,
Telephony, Database, Unix consulting worldwide
+44 (0)7870 699 479
http://integrics.com/