[Asterisk-Users] ZAP Line answer questio

Peter Svensson psvasterisk at psv.nu
Fri Mar 4 01:04:21 MST 2005

On Thu, 3 Mar 2005, Eric Wieling aka ManxPower wrote:

> > When you dialout using zap lines and sip phones, the sip connects to the zap
> > channel and then dials the number, on the logs its shows sip => zap channel
> > and when zap picks it up shows as answered but how can you really tell if
> > the dialed number was answered or busy?
>
> If you are using analog ports then the call status information is not
> available.  This is not an Asterisk thing, this is an analog thing.

The call status can be avialable - if your telco provides that information
via polarity changes. There were patches floating around to add support
for this. I don't know if the full patch was added (support for answer
supervision and disconnect supervision). The messages on the bug tracker
messages seem to indicate that the complete stateful patch was not added.

Going digital is better since you get a lot more information, especially
from isdn.

Peter