[Asterisk-Users] Newbie Question

Callum McGillivray callummc at ains.net.au
Thu Mar 3 20:42:58 MST 2005

Thanks for the quick reply Kevin (and Dean!)...

It's the kind of answer I was hoping for.

The E1 has been used on a Hardware based PBX until a week or so ago, so I
can't see there being an issue there.

We are looking at replacing our existing PBX with an Asterisk Machine and
the E1 live for another month before it gets switched off (we just switched
providers and now have an additional E1 kicking around doing nothing..)

Another question... and I know that it's all relative to experience,
complexity etc, but how long should I take into account to get some basic
voicemail, messages on hold, and basic IVR type stuff up and running?

We have several programmers / linux admins in house and they are pretty good
at what they do, and have been canvassing the lists to work out the
details... but we lack experience at the moment.

We have also been looking at various GUI's for Asterisk... (Asterisk at home
being one)... can anyone recommend one that would be ideal for a business
user in a basic small / medium office environment?

Thanks again,

Callum