[Asterisk-Users] Options in Brazil

Paul Davidson planac at gmail.com
Thu Mar 3 18:23:51 MST 2005

All-

I am considering an Asterisk implementation in Brazil.  Unfortunately,
this presents something of a challenge to plan sitting in Chicago,
USA.  I know there is a large section of Brazillian Asterisk users who
actively read this list- so I'd love to pump out a few questions-
note, I'm not necessarily a newbie, having successfully implemented a
few Asterisk boxes here in the US.

My primary question revolves around connection hardware- I need to
plug in 8 POTS lines (I've no idea what they'd be called there) to an
Asterisk box.  Is digium's TDM400 series availble down there?
Recommended? Undesirable?  ATA's? (Sipura, presumably) - channel
banks?

If anyone has any solid knowledge they can share- gotchas appreciated-
feel free to contact me off list.

Thanks,
-pbd