[Asterisk-Users] timing/clock problem

Andrew Kohlsmith akohlsmith-asterisk at benshaw.com
Thu Mar 3 09:26:03 MST 2005

On March 3, 2005 07:28 am, Alex G Robertson wrote:
> span=1,0,0,esf,b8zs
> span=2,0,0,esf,b8zs
> span=3,0,0,ccs,hdb3,crc4
> span=4,0,0,ccs,hdb3,crc4

Wow you're the first person I've seen using a combination of T1 and E1 on the
same card.  I wonder if this has something to do with it (i.e. a bug in the
drivers).

I'm assuming you have the jumpers for span 3 and 4 closed in order to get E1
operation on them (I doubt it would work this far without).

I would certainly be contacting Digium about this.  Span 4 being the only
clock=1 should work just fine.

Just for fun, you might want to try putting span 1 as your E1 uplink, span 2
as your E1 loopback, and span3 and 4 to your T1 channel banks.... Just for
trying to sort this out (remember to adjust the jumpers if you do this).

-A.