[Asterisk-Users] Detect sound and continue, like BackgroundDetect() for voice

Daryl G. Jurbala daryl at introspect.net
Thu Mar 3 08:08:44 MST 2005

I'm looking for an application that can monitor a channel for voice
input and then proceed on.  The closest thing I've found is
BackgroundDetect, which expects DTMF.

Here's what I'm doing:
-Call file generated which calls someone and connects them to an
extension.
-Extension plays stuff, etc. etc. etc (not important)

With digital or VoIP termination, this works fine, because * knows when
the line is answered.  On analog POTS, it has no idea when the call is
actually answered, only when its dialed, so the playback starts right
after the line is dialed, not after the called party picks up.

The Dialogic IVR SDK monitors call termination status this way, so I'm
looking for something similar in *.  Anyone have any ideas on this one?
Or am I going about this the hard way and missing an obvious
alternative?

Thanks,
Daryl