[Asterisk-Users] Realtime IAX/SIP with 2 asterisk servers but 1 central iax/sipfriends Database

niels at wxn.nl niels at wxn.nl
Thu Mar 3 03:25:53 MST 2005

Hello

I was wandering

If I let 2 asterisk boxes (let's name them ast01 and ast02) connect to
one SQL realtime iaxfriends/sipfriends database

What happens if I register my client to ast01, The ast01 box will update
the client's record in the iaxfriends database (ipaddr/port/regseconds)

Let's say there is an incoming call then for this client but this call
arrives on ast02 (the box where the client is NOT registerd to at the
moment) ..

ast02 will 'know' then (with a DB lookup in the same table) where (which
ipaddr/port) to route the call to am I right?

will that work? And... Will that work too if the client is behind a NAT?