[Asterisk-Users] CallerID in Australia & Analogue PSTN PhoneSystem

Howard Lowndes lannet at lannet.com.au
Wed Mar 2 14:52:19 MST 2005

On Thu, 2005-03-03 at 08:14, Rod Bacon wrote:
> I have the openline card with a recent CVS and I can't seem to get CallerID
> to work.
>
> Debugging shows;
>
> vpb/1-1: New call for context [local_pstn]
>  > Caller ID disabled

Do you have caller line identification presentation enabled for your
telco line?  In most cases it's not enabled by default, and
Telstra/Sensis charge you AU$6/month for the privilege.

> vpb.conf is...
>
> [general]
> type = v4pci
> cards = 1
>
> [interfaces]
> echocancel = on
> board = 1
> txhwgain => 12
> txgain => 12
> context = local_pstn
> mode = fxo
> group=1
> callerid = on
> channel = 1
> channel = 2
> channel = 3
> channel = 4
>
> Any ideas?

Howard.
LANNet Computing Associates;
Your Linux people <http://www.lannetlinux.com>
"When you just want a system that works, you choose Linux;
when you want a system that just works, you choose Microsoft."