[Asterisk-Users] Call Forwarding to Cell Phone, Pager, etc

Andrew Kohlsmith akohlsmith-asterisk at benshaw.com
Wed Mar 2 13:27:30 MST 2005

On March 2, 2005 02:56 pm, Nitesh Divecha wrote:
> For example, if exten 202 is away, he will set his call blasting priority
> like first ring the exten for 10 sec if not answered then ring cell number
> for 10 sec again if not answered, then ring home and etc.

This is indeed possible.  You need to break down the problem so you can see
what you have to do in the dialplan.

Basically you want to Dial() his extension for 10 seconds and failing that
Dial() something else (and failing that Dial() something else, and so on and
so forth, eventually going to VoiceMail())

Everything you want (including setting timeouts for how long to ring) is in
the Dial() application, and Asterisk has pretty good documentation on the
Dial command, both on the wiki and also in the "show application dial"
command output in the Asterisk CLI.

If you are still having trouble with this after trying out a few things, post
here again, showing us specifically what you've tried and we'll help some
more.

-A.