[Asterisk-Users] More NAT questions

Julian J. M. julianjm at gmail.com
Wed Mar 2 10:11:35 MST 2005

In you asterisk sip.conf:
[general]
externip=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx ;ip address of your nat firewall (public ip)
localnet=192.168.0.0/24    ; the local subnet where the asterisk box is

If you don't externip, externip will never be used, because asterisk
won't know WHEN to use it.

Also, define   canreinvite=no in your sip phones sections, as was
suggested above.

Julian J. M.