[Asterisk-biz] [Asterisk-Users] IAX2 web client that workswithg723 / g729. We got One

Steve Kann stevek at stevek.com
Wed Mar 2 10:12:17 MST 2005

That's exactly the point.

I think it's 90% likely that Andres' project uses iaxclient, and 98%
likely that it uses libiax2. If this is the case, he needs to comply
with the licensing terms of these libraries. Specifically, he would need
to make the source code to his version of these libraries publicly
available.

Most people who work with iaxclient know that I'm not personally
interested in much of anything "windows only", and I don't use any
Microsoft tools to develop things, but I do want to see people
collaborate, and I specifically do _not_ want to see people taking
without at least making their work available, as required by the license.

I'd probably prefer even more if some of the people working on different
GUIs would team up so that instead of having X different GUIs, there
were X/3 GUIs that were 3 times as good, but I suspect that
consolidation will happen in time..

As far as this particular case, I could be wrong, and Andres could have
written everything from scratch, but, the sentiment would apply either way.