[Asterisk-Users] Dual Asterisk Servers

Nik Martin asterisk-users at nik-martin.com
Wed Mar 2 08:22:26 MST 2005

Due to the unfortunate nature of Wikis, the section on voip-info.org
that deals with dual asterisk servers is full of pretty bad and
outdataed examples.

What I'm trying to do is distribute small asterisk boxes to remote
offices that have SIP clients connected inside the network, and ship any
outbound calls to a central asterisk server via IAX that is in turn
connected to the PSTN and some VOIP LD providers.

I also want 4 digit dialing between sites, where the 1st digit is always
the site id to route the call to

So at the master site (site 1) we can call Siet 2 (remote site) by
dialing 2XXX.  Site two can call extensions at the master by dialing
1XXX etc.

The relatively new switch dialplan command seems like it will assist in
accomplishing this, but does anyone have a simple IAX config and
dialplan that will help me understand how this all works?

Regards,

NIk Martin