[Asterisk-Users] /dev/zap not created

Rizwan Chaudhry rizwanch at gmail.com
Wed Mar 2 08:02:33 MST 2005

I installed asterisk on Fedora Core 2 kernel 2.6.5. I followed the
standard procedure. zaptel-libpri-asterisk. The thing is that I
constantly get the error message:

line 4: Unable to open master device '/dev/zap/ctl'

where the file zaptel.conf contains only 4 files:

fxoks=1
fxsks=4
defaultzone=us
loadzone=us

I cant run asterisk and get a load of error messages.

When I tried to check the directory /dev/zap, it wasnt there. It isnt
created during installation.  Can someone help me out.

Apart from that, should I get a dialtone in the fxs module when the
tdm400p is connected in the computer?  because I have no way of
checking whether my device is correctly connected.