[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk Manager API - multi "Originate" cal ls

mattf mattf at vicimarketing.com
Wed Mar 2 05:50:36 MST 2005

Hello,
You can do either, you can send multiple Originate actions in a long line
without waiting for a response back(although the responses do usually come
back very fast) or you can open multiple connections using each one to
Originate a new call. We use the multiple connection method in the
astGUIclient suite because if you get a pause or lag in Manager output on a
single connection(which does happen) it will hold up all of the Actions you
are trying to send after it.

Take a look at the ACQS(Asterisk Central Queue System) part of the
astGUIclient suite. It allows you to queue up Actions in a database and the
server will send the actions to the asterisk server almost immediately.
We've been using this for quite a while now and it is very reliable.

MATT---