[Asterisk-Users] Help needed with installing ZAPHFC

Alexander Hagen asterisk at hesti.com
Wed Mar 2 04:54:59 MST 2005

I need some help with installing Asterisk with ZAPHFC on my Linux system. I've installed Red Hat 9 with kernal 2.4.20-8 and upgraded it to 2.4.31-9.

I've donwloaded bristuff (several versions) but all fail to compile. There seems to be some includes missing in /usr/includes/linux. Although I have significant experience with other platforms, I'm new to Linux and would need someone to help me install Asterisk with ZAPHFC.

I have a Pentium III 700 Mhz system with 768 Mb RAM. Additional hardware includes a X100P, Ethernet Card and ISDN (EuroISDN, HFC) adapter. The set-up that I have in mind connects the X100P to the PSTN (analog) and the ISDN card to a ISDN PBX phone that I have at home. My initial set-up would route calls from the ISDN PBX to the analog PSTN via Asterisk, later to be extended by connecting it FWD.

I'd appreciate any help in getting ZAPHFC compiled on my system. I'm not in love with Red Hat, so any working set-up is fine. The bootable Asterisks CD's don't work for me as my system contains other operating systems that I want to retain for the moment. I apologise if this question has been asked before (I couldn't find it).

Alexander

Signup at www.doteasy.com