[Asterisk-Users] Why should I answer a Newbie question, there thick!

Francesco Peeters Francesco at FamPeeters.com
Wed Mar 2 03:28:48 MST 2005

On Wed, March 2, 2005 10:38, BCS Support said:
> It would be nice just for once to actually use a mailing list with people
> who are a little more sympathetic to the fact that your not a rocket
> scentist or molecular biologist and that you might actually need some
> help,
> without being made to feel like your completely useless and should be
> cleaning toilets for a living.
<SNIP>
> Yes I have spent hours researching on Google, but what may take me 3 days
> to workout, wading through pages of out of date information, can normally
> be answered by some with a little experience in seconds.
<SNIP>

Ah, but the issue here is that your questions seemed to indicate you
haven't even read the basic information on the site iself (i.e. the
manual), as even I (just started actively looking in to Asterisk 4 or 5
days ago) was able to find the answers to the questions you asked...

I do not recall the exact questions, but I do remember agreeing with the
conclusion that you apparently hadn't done any actual research, based on
the questions you asked...
Had I had some more time on my hands at that time, I would have replied,
but as I am usually very busy, and din't have the answers ready from the
top of my head at that time, I didn't...

I do agree that the reaction was a bit ott, but in the basis correct...
Sorry!

I do wish you good luck implementing *, because I am confident this has a
lot of potential...

God bless!

(PS: Can we please play nice now? I left my flame-retardant gear at the
firestation when I quit as a volunteer!)
--
Francesco