[Asterisk-Users] Incorrect CDRs

Girish Gopinath asterisk_in at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 2 02:02:40 MST 2005

Hello list,

We are having some serious problems with CDR and billing. CDR shows that some of the
(unanswered) calls were lasted for 2-3 days. This is the situation: We have 2 Asterisk
servers, connected to PSTN.

Phone A --> Asterisk1 --> Gateway -> PSTN
Phone B --> Asterisk2 --> Gateway -> PSTN

A dials B, call reaches B, but it rejects the call, and sends back BUSY. The CDR on B is
perfect, it says BUSY. Following is from the CDR file of Asterisk2:

start         ,answer       ,end,dur   ,billable,disposiion,ama flags,,
2/8/2005 1:06,2/8/2005  1:06,   ,10    ,0       ,BUSY      ,DOCUMENTATION

But the corrosponding record in Asterisk1 says something different:

start        ,answer       ,end           ,dur   ,billable,disposiion,ama flags,,
2/8/2005 1:06,2/8/2005 1:06,2/11/2005 1:51,261895,261882  ,ANSWERED ,DOCUMENTATION

As you can see the billable seconds (as per the CDR) are 261882 and the call lasted for 3
days. As you can understand, this is a very serious problem. Can anyone please clarify
the following?

1. Why the first Asterisk did not recognise the busy sent back from Asterisk2?
2. Has anyone faced such problems? If so how did they resolve this?
3. What precautions need to be taken to avoid this in the future?

I greately appreciate any answer you can provide on this.

TIA, Girish