[Asterisk-Users] Ordering a Voice PRI for Asterisk

Steven Critchfield critch at basesys.com
Tue Mar 1 15:21:45 MST 2005

On Tue, 2005-03-01 at 10:08 -0600, Me wrote:
> We are in the process of ordering a Voice PRI to plug into Asterisk. Of
> course we will be buying a card from Digium for this.
>
> Question is this, there seem to be MANY options technically when ordering
> this PRI (in the US) but since this is the first time ordering a voice
> circuit I am clueless as to what options we need.
>
> Any clues would be helpful or maybe something has already been written about
> this?

If your telco is worthy, you should be able to involve a switch tech in
the sales meeting to wade through the options that are available on
their switch.

Oddly enough, last time we ordered a PRI, the forms the telco sent us
had sections that applied to PRI and others for channelized T1 with no
separation or explanation. Had I not been through a channelized T1
before and recognized the questions, it would have been very confusing.

Even after the switch tech went over the sheet with us, we still ended
up with a call back from the person actually doing the provisioning to
verify and get more information.

Remember that when they tell you they can't quote a deployment in under
30 days.