[Asterisk-Users] "No compatible codecs!" -- worked with 1.0.0, not 1.0.6 or CVS.

Ken D'Ambrosio ken at jots.org
Tue Mar 1 14:31:20 MST 2005

Kevin P. Fleming wrote:

> To say that we can't help you without seeing your config files would
> also be an understatement. Unfortunately, we are not all-knowing nor
> telepathic, so just saying "it doesn't work" won't generate much
> response besides sympathy.

I see your point, but a) I hate spamming with zillions of lines of
config files, and b) the fact that it worked with one release, and not
the other -- without changing any /etc stuff -- made me think it wasn't
config file related.  However, there's nothing like e-mailing zillions
of people to make yourself realize that, yes, it might well have to do
with the config file.  I guess Asterisk changes/"fixes" its parsing
rules from time to time?

Anyway, bottom line: all's well, now.  Had to enter some extra stuff
into my sip.conf file, but the big clue was the fact that it even
-could- have been a config file problem, so many thanks.

-Ken