[Asterisk-Users] Polycom Auto-Answer

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at starnetworks.us
Tue Mar 1 09:12:52 MST 2005

Eric Rees wrote:
> I am having a problem with Polycom auto-answer.  I have the auto-answer
> working between PhoneA and PhoneB, but when I try to use the intercom
> between more then one phone I start having problems.  PhoneA dials *3
> which calls PhoneB, PhoneC, and PhoneD.  All the phones ring, but only
> one will pick up, the rest will hang up and I get this error on
> Asterisk: Got SIP response 500 "Internal Server Error".

Uhhhh.... Yeah. What did you think was going to happen, Asterisk was
going to magically bridge four phones together because they all answered?

As soon as one phone answers, the call is complete and the remaining
phones will not be able to answer (because the calls going out to them
will have been destroyed).

If you need more than two parties in a call, you need to use MeetMe or
one of the other conferencing applications.