[Asterisk-Users] Problems Starting Asterisk - FOP AM Portal

John Cianfarani jcianfarani at rogers.com
Tue Mar 1 07:16:46 MST 2005

Hello All,

I'm new to the list and the whole voip server side.  I'm trying to setup
Asterisk to just do internal dialing, no access out to the pstn is
required/wanted at the moment.

I'm running Fedora Core 3 with Cisco 7960's phones (running SIP 6.3).

I've set it up following these guides:

http://www.voip-info.org/wiki-Asterisk+Fedora+Core+3

http://amp.coalescentsystems.ca/docs/AMP_Installation_Guide_v1.2.pdf

Versions:

asterisk-1.0.6

AMP-1.10.006

mpg123-0.59r

zaptel-1.0.6

spandsp-0.0.2pre10

I configured zaptel with the ztdummy option since I don't have any fxs/fxo
modules. (as per http://sourceforge.net/forum/forum.php?thread_id=1188938
<http://sourceforge.net/forum/forum.php?thread_id=1188938&forum_id=414452>
&forum_id=414452 )

Asterisk seems to start fine but the FOP op_server.pl doesn't seem to want
to start.  I've tried running it by hand as the asterisk user but it doesn't
spew any errors, and I can't find any log files that would help me
troubleshoot this issue.

I've searched different archives and google but can't find much related to
this problem.

---- ERROR MSG ----

STARTING FOP SERVER

-bash: line 1: 23134 Killed
/var/www/html/panel/safe_opserver

The FOP's server (op_server.pl) could not start!

Please correct this problem

Thanks

John