[Asterisk-Users] Problem with Asterisk Unable to allocate channel

Steven Critchfield critch at basesys.com
Tue Mar 1 06:45:24 MST 2005

On Tue, 2005-03-01 at 07:52 +0100, Edgar de Leon wrote:
> Hello, yesterday when i wasnt in the office the asterisk server stop
> working, it was registering the sip terminals but cant make calls, because
> im not in the office i told the people to reboot the server to make the
> server works again but today i found this lines in the full log, can
> anybody tell me what was happend?
>
> Feb 28 17:30:07 WARNING[6351]: Unable to allocate channel structure
> Feb 28 17:30:07 DEBUG[6351]: build_route: Contact hop: luiscarlos
> <sip:luiscarlos at 10.60.2.88:5060>
> Feb 28 17:30:07 NOTICE[6351]: Unable to create/find channel

First, You need to know about how email messages are "threaded". You
replied to a message in the "How does the g.729 registration program
work" thread, written by Kristian Kielhofner. Your message has nothing
to do with the message you responded to.

Next. You need to provide critical information such as what version of
asterisk you are using. If it is from CVS, you MUST provide the date it
was last updated.

Most likely you are running an old version that had a memory leak with
variables not being freed properly. I say that because the first message
above looks like you have run out of ram and swap.