[Asterisk-Users] Voicemail => SMS

Wilson Pickett spamsucks2005 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 30 22:56:23 MST 2005

> I have been trying for a while to find a way to get an SMS send when I
> receive a voicemail into my asterisk system.  I don't want to send an
> SMS if the caller doesn't leave a message.  I have voicemail.conf set
> up to email and delete.

I use a backward solution to this problem, but it works. Orange, my
cell provider offers free SMS alerts for email sent to
yourNumber at provider.dom. I send my vmail messages to my regular email
server which keeps them for online email retrieval. A procmail recipe
on the server then makes up an email without the vmail attachment to
my orange address with the callerid in the subject. Orange sends an
SMS that tells me I have a vmail message from ${CALLERID}. Although it
seems like a silly solution it does _exactly_ what you asked about.