[Asterisk-Users] Linux Firewall Question

Anand S. Katti askatti at ece.iisc.ernet.in
Thu Jun 30 22:44:47 MST 2005

> > Hi,
> > I am running Asterisks on Public IP with Fedora Core 3.
> >
> > What is the recommendation for making Linux secure on the
> > Public IP since I am new to Linux. Which Firewall should I
> > use?  I am not intending to use Linux as router.
> >
> > Can any one provide some configuration documentation.
>
> I use shorewall, and I have found it powerful, and fairly easy to use.
>
> http://www.shorewall.net/

Shorewall is an excellant iptables based firewall. You can create zones
and policy's to govern them. If you are also looking for easy GUI to
configure it, then best way to do it is using WEBMIN http://www.webmin.com

Its a free web based interface for system management. It includes Module
for shorewall confuguration.

-ask