[Asterisk-Users] [Fwd: Asterisk Balancing solution]

Michiel van Baak michiel at vanbaak.info
Thu Jun 30 15:34:57 MST 2005

On 15:21, Thu 30 Jun 05, Erik Espinoza wrote:
> I can only think of 2 ways to proceed:
>
> 1) Set a shorter register interval
> 2) Set static ip on all phones, and forgo registration

2 should work.
We have dynamic addresses on our local net, but the dhcp
server gives an address for 30 days to the phones.
I did setup the host=dynamic and
defaultip=phone.ip.address.with.first.reg

This allows me to place calls to no longer registered phones
(specially the GS BT 100 looses registration lots of times)

Maybe this is of any help