[Asterisk-Users] RE: Trying to do very simple Zaptel Config. NO LUCK!

Jason Kawakami jkkawakami at optellabs.com
Thu Jun 30 13:04:23 MST 2005

<snip>
I have a Wildcard TDM400P with 3 ports: 1 FXS on port
1 and 2 FXOs on ports 3 and 4. (i'm not using port 3
for now, put want it for expansion purposes)

I simply (to start with) am looking to have the FXS
phone ring when an FX0 port is dialed.  I would also
like to be able to place outgoing calls on the FXS
through the FXO.  Right now, I'm not interested in SIP
or IAX... thats for me to handle later!

I have the following *3* files:

***/etc/zaptel.conf***
# Zaptel conf
fxoks=1
fxsks=3-4
loadzone=us
defaultzone=us

***/etc/asterisk/extensions.conf***
[globals]
RECEPTIONIST=Zap/1

LOCALTRUNK=Zap/4

[incoming]
exten => s,1,Answer()
exten => s,2,Dial($(RECEPTIONIST))

[internal]

[outgoing]
ignorepat => 9
exten =>_9NXXNXXXXXX,1,Dial(${LOCALTRUNK}/${EXTEN:1})
exten =>_9NXXNXXXXXX,2,Playback(invalid)
exten => _9NXXNXXXXXX,3,Hangup

***/etc/asterisk/zapata.conf***
language=en
context=default
switchtype=national
signalling=fxo_ks
channel => 1
signalling=fxs_ks
channel => 3
channel => 4

--in Zapata.conf you have your fxs/fxo ports assigned to the [default]
context which I don't see in your extensions.conf.

So maybe try something like:

[default]

Ignorepat = 9	;having this in the outgoing context is not correct
Include=outgoing	;note that your outgoing context will only dial LD
numbers

Exten => 100,1,Dial(${RECEPTIONIST})
Exten => 100,2,Hangup

You could also change the Zapata.conf as well to place zap/1 into the
[outgoing] context and that should work too.

When you load the modules does everything look ok?  This assumes that the
problem is in the dialplan so if that isn't the case then...

Jason Kawakami
www.optellabs.com
Salt Lake City, UT