[Asterisk-Users] callprogress and queues

Daniel Daley dan at chameleoncode.jp
Thu Jun 30 11:55:08 MST 2005

Hi,

Would anyone happen to have experience with the callprogress option?
What I'm trying to do is use a couple normal POTS lines in a queue
setup where it will call the queue members to pass the call to them.
Of course the problem I'm running into is that under normal
conditions the lines register as answered immediately and the caller
gets transferred to the ringing line which may or may not get picked
up. I figured I'd give callprogress a try just to see if it might
work and what happens now is the console displays "Ringing" while the
call is being made but once the queue member picks up it never
connects the call. Normally I would just think that the callprogress
feature wasn't able to detect the pickup, but the console quits
displaying the "Ringing" status. Wouldn't that mean that it knows
it's been picked up? Currently I use a T1 for the outgoing calls and
it works perfectly but we'd really like to transition to use some of
our normal  POTS lines as well.

Thanks for any advice you might have,

--Dan--