[Bulk] Re: [Asterisk-Users] Asterisk failover solution

Bernard Cresencia berncres at rogers.com
Thu Jun 30 10:04:52 MST 2005

How about a script to send a reboot command to the phones during a switchover. I've seen a page in the wiki where (for Grandstream phones) you can send a command via curl to reboot the phones (http://www.voip-info.org/tiki-index.php?page=Asterisk%20phone%20grandstream%20budgetone). Of course this may not be practical in every environment, depending on what phones you have out there, etc. I wouldn't worry about interrupting any calls because the server would have been down for the moment anyway.

It's not pretty but it may work.