[Asterisk-Users] Voicemail => SMS

Mark Charlton mcwebtree at gmail.com
Thu Jun 30 08:20:02 MST 2005

On 6/30/05, Mike Dent <mcdent at gmail.com> wrote:

> Here is what mine looks like:-
>
> exten => h,103,DeadAGI(fastsms|44797149XXXX|Uberetchs Voicemail.
> Caller ${CALLERID} left a new voice mail for sales a
> t ${DATETIME}|441524342XX)

> Hope that helps,
> Mike

I started out using the solution like you are, but in testing found a
couple of problems.
1)
Caller 1 calls and leaves a message - SMS sent correctly.
Caller 2 calls goes to voicemail, but doesn't leave a message -
HasVoiceMail returns true, and another SMS is sent, but there is no
new voicemail.

2)
Several of the mailboxes use
303 => xxx,General Sales,sip at example.com,,attach=yes|delete=yes
So the voicemails are send via email and then deleted, so the
HasVoiceMail returns false even if a message is left.

Is there a variable or trigger or something to tell if a certain
caller left a message, or am I going to have to write something in PHP
to parse the VM directory, and maintain a list of messages which have
triggered an SMS.

Please tell me if I am barking up the wrong tree and if there is a
simpler way to do this.

Thanks again for any help.